Γαϊτάνου-Γιαννιού, «Επαρχία Δέρκων» Β΄ Θρακικά 13 (1940)
Αθηνά Γαϊτάνου-Γιαννιού, «Από την Ανατολική Θράκη. Η Επαρχία Δέρκων» μέρος β΄ 13 Θρακικά 1940 108-156, 430
Athina Gaitanou Gianniou, ‘From Eastern Thrace: the Diocese of Derkoi’ part 2 in Θρακικὰ / Thrakika vol. 13 (1940), pp. 108-156 (in Greek).
The Christian Orthodox Diocese of Derkoi, of the Ecumenical Patriarchate, formed a crescent of forty seven villages and suburbs and four settlements around Constantinople / Istanbul until 1923. After the Lausanne Treaty thousands of Greeks leaving in the area, victims of the Compulsory Exchange of Populations between Turkey and Greece were obliged to abandon their homes. Only two suburbs on the coast of the Marmara and three at the Upper Bosphoros were included in the zone exempted from the Exchange (together with Istanbul central). Thus the Metropolis of Derkoi, based in Tarabya, was shrunken.
The monograph, first part in volume 12 and second in volume 13 of Thrakika (1939 and 1940) brings the fragments together and gives data about the whole as it was before 1923. Communal life and responsibilities, welfare, churches, schools, local products, professions and professional guilds, feasts and even a brief introduction about local history is given for each one of the 47 Greek Orthodox communities, which are presented in alphabetical order. The second part begins with Macrochori / modern Bakırköy pp. 108-134. Errata of part one in page 430.
For the first part, see Γαϊτάνου-Γιαννιού, «Επαρχία Δέρκων» Α΄ Θρακικά 12 (1939), where you will also find Map of the area on p. 169.